- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting of Kanata Nordic (Kanata Cross Country Ski Club) 2017
March 27, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Annual General Meeting of Kanata Nordic Ski Club (Kanata Cross-Country Ski Club) will be convened on Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:00pm at the Ottawa Public Library, Beaverbrook Branch, on Teron Road, Kanata, on the ground floor in Room B.
The main item of business is the election of members of the Executive for the 2017-18 year. Candidates must be club members (current memberships are valid until Dec 31, 2017) and nominations may be made by any adult club member.
As of this date the following slate of Executive candidates has been proposed. Note that these may change before and at the AGM. All positions are open to nomination.
- President: Marlene Alt
- Vice President: Jim Lambley
- Treasurer: Brendan Duivenvoorden
- Secretary: Tom Lloyd
- Trails Coordinator: Gene Vigneron
- Jackrabbit Coordinator: Maureen Smith
- Racing Coordinator: Heather McCulligh
- Masters Coordinator: Mike Duivenvoorden
- Teen Ski Fit Coordinator: David Bentley
- Events Coordinator: Cory Garlock
- Promotions Coordinator: vacant
- Membership Coordinator: Kaleigh Maclaren
- Volunteer Coordinator: vacant
The agenda will also include brief reports from the Executive summarizing highlights of the past year, and such other business as may be properly brought before the meeting.
In addition, we’ll be voting on the following two motions. Background information on these motions will be presented at the meeting, before the vote.
- A motion for the purchase of a grooming snowmachine to replace the aging BRP Outlander ATV, with a budget of up $26,000. The decision regarding the make and model will be researched and a recommendation made by a committee reporting to the Trails Coordinator. Final approval of the purchase will be made by the sitting Kanata Nordic Executive.
- A motion to add the position of Facilities Coordinator on the Executive. This role will be responsible for managing any facilities or infrastructure including parking areas, buildings, outdoor lighting, storage units and supporting special events. It will also include trailhead, trail and wayfinding signage.
All members are welcome and we encourage you to attend to learn more about club operations.
Notice posted Monday, March 13, 2017