(Click here for the full season calendar)
Nordiq Canada Officials Course
November 23 - November 24
As you know, events and races are an integral part of the skiing community and we need to continually refresh the the pool of volunteers to run these events. There is always a need for more trained volunteer officials whether it be at our own Kanata Nordic Pretzel race, or at regional races such as the upcoming Candy Cane Cup that will generate money for our club. I would like to invite you to become a trained volunteer, whether as a timer, course official, stadium official, or whatever task interests you.
Register here: https://cccofficials.moonami.com/course/index.php?categoryid=3
For more details email email@example.com
(A concurrent French course is being offered by Skinouk, email for details)
Why volunteer as an official?
- It’s a nice way to be involved in the club and complete volunteer hours without the requirement of a recurring weekly role such as coaching.
- There is no requirement for you to to be a skier or an athlete.
- It allows you to utilize life skills that you may have acquired outside of skiing: computer skills, mathematics, teamwork etc.
- You may get to be inside a warm timing hut on a cold race day.
- You will get to meet and interact with other racing parents and make lifelong friends
- You will get the best view to watch the action!