- This event has passed.
Skip Swap & Open House
October 17, 2015 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Time to go dig out your cross-country ski equipment to figure out what still fits and what gear you need. Come sell your old gear at our swap and you might also find a great deal on the sizes you need. Or just get some advice from the gear-knowledgeable volunteers on hand.
If you’re selling gear:
- Read this seller instruction sheet
- Complete and print the seller form
- Bring your gear, printed form and $2.00 per item either on Friday, October 16th between 6:30 – 8:30 pm or on Saturday, October 17th between 8:30 to 10:00 am.
Highlights of the Ski Swap: (Beginning at 10:30 am)
- Ski swap – sell your unwanted gear and pick up some great second-hand deals
- Get information on Kanata Nordic programs and skiing at Kanata Nordic
- Club clothing sale – try on and order your club clothing (link)
- Explore the trails – a self guided tour of our trail network
- Refreshments – hot beverages and snacks to finish off the morning
Chat with Fresh Air Experience Ottawa: We’ll also have Fresh Air Experience Ottawa at the swap to help with you with new gear, tell you about their great kid’s trade-in program, and other xc ski expert advice.
- Canadian Ski Marathon (CSM) – visit the CSM table and learn about the upcoming 48th Annual CSM. The CSM has distances to suit all skill levels and ages: recreational skiers, youth, kids, families, and endurance skiers.
- Jackrabbit activities – fun and games for the 10 and under set, starting at 11:00 am
- Hot Wax – We will be waxing skis for $10 a pair pre‐paid. Bring your skis from home and we’ll give you a glide wax to get you ready for the first snow.
This event is open to the public and you don’t have to sell gear to come and find some new gear for the season.
Note we only accept cash & cheque.
Help promote the Ski swap by sharing this poster.