Para-Nordic Racers Group Training – Feb 7 to 13
- Tuesday Feb-8th 7:00-8:30 pm Individual PN CLASSIC ski at Mooney’s Bay (with no coach on site) for 1 hour including 8 x 8 sec sprints with 1 min rest. Work on classic skiing down slight down hills, also and work on staying on the skis on a fast down hill and also work on mimicking the guide’s technique. KN Youth Racers Group Ski SKATE technique at Beaverbrook Park (behind Mlacak Community Centre) or individual PN training – Run 30 min, Strength 45 min. Start with a ski and warm-up followed by some intervals. The Ottawa Orienteering Club is running and event for ski orienteering at 7:00 as follows. Everyone is encouraged to try this out, or you can continues to ski. Time: 7:00PM, meet inside the Mlacak Centre lobby for a short information. Mass start around 7:15PM.
- Wednesday Feb-9th 7:00 to 9:00 pm Group Ski Skate technique at Nakkertok Ski Centre. Technique session skating technique working on hop-skating (skipping) over the top of hills to improve acceleration z1 to Z3 and whenever starting up from a complete stop. Also practice race strategies for cresting hills, passing people on down hills and cutting corners whenever possible.
- Thursday Feb-10th 7:00 to 9:00 pm Group Ski CLASSIC technique at P1 Gatineau Park (Asticou) including an easy zone 1-2 ski in preparation for Easterns.
- Friday Feb-11th 9:00 to 10:30 am & 2:00 to 5:00 pm Nakkertok Ski Centre is open for pre-Easterns training. (Coaches meeting on site at 4:00 pm).
- Saturday Feb-12th 9:00 to 1:30 pm Eastern Canadian Championship Teck SKATE Sprint course at Nakkertok Ski Centre. Races are PN Standing Men & Women 1.4 km Sprint. (Coaches meeting on site at 4:00 pm). Alternative activity is individual easy distance SKATE ski in the Gatineau Park.
- Sunday Feb-13th 9:00 to 1:30 pm Eastern Canadian Championship Haywood CLASSIC Pursuit course at Nakkertok Ski Centre. Races are PN Standing Men 15 km (3 x 5 km) & Women 10 km (2 x 5 km) Pursuit. Alternative activity is individual easy distance CLASSIC ski in the Gatineau Park.
No Replies to "Para-Nordic Racers Group Training – Feb 7 to 13"