2014 Ski swap Nov 22/14
2014 Ski Swap and Open House
Kanata Nordic’s 2014 Ski Swap and Open House is fast approaching. Rain or Shine, it is scheduled for Saturday November 22 2014 from 10:30am to 1:00pm. The event will be held in the Vail Building, Bonnefant YMCA Outdoor Centre, 1620 Sixth Line Road.
Here’s a sneak peak at the planned events:
- Fresh Air Experience – visit the experts from Fresh Air where you can learn about ski waxing and about clothing to keep you comfortable for outdoor winter activities. Look for the Fresh Air tent.
- Trail tour – a self guided tour of our trail network using our super new map.
- Ski swap – sell your unwanted gear and pick up some great second-hand deals; more details are on the Ski Swap page
- Club clothing sale – great new tights and jerseys from Louis Garneau; more details are on the Clothing page
- Jackrabbit activities – fun and games for the 10 and under set, lead by our senior skiers, from 11:15 am to 12:00 noon. Arrive at 11:00 am.
- Membership drive – we are always looking for new members to join the Club, so bring a friend; lots of knowledgeable Executive members on hand to answer questions
- Refreshments – hot beverages and snacks to finish off the morning
- Canadian Ski Marathon (CSM) – visit the CSM table and learn about the upcoming 48th Annual CSM. The CSM has distances to suit all skill levels and ages: recreational skiers, youth, kids, families, and endurance skiers.
The Youth Challenge skiers, Track Attack and Teen Ski Fit will be waxing skis for $10 a pair. Bring your skis from home or get a new pair at the swap and we will give you a glide wax to get you ready for the first snow.
All are welcome, whether you’re already a member or want to learn more about the club and its programs. We look forward to seeing everyone so book this in your calendar now.
Questions or want to help with the event? Contact Lily Yip, Event Coordinator.