Volunteer and Have Some Fun
As a non-profit volunteer-run club Kanata Nordic depends on you and I, the members, to support and implement club activities and programs by volunteering our time and energy. The success of the club depends on member contributions and involvement and helps keep membership fees as low as possible.
Volunteering can be very rewarding and often you get back more than you put in. Rewards include new skills, new friends and contacts, personal pride and accomplishment, the opportunity to share knowledge and skills, being part of a community and, of course, just having fun.
Member Volunteer Commitment
When registering members express their areas of interest and the Volunteer coordinator will contact them with more details. To distribute responsibilities throughout the club membership all members are expected to fulfill a volunteer commitment:
- Each adult (whether an individual or a family membership) with no children participating in any club program will volunteer at least 6 hours to the Club in the year.
- A Parent of a child (or children) participating in a Kanata Nordic Learn to Ski Program will volunteer at least 14 hours to the Club in the year.
- A Parent of a child (or children) participating in a Kanata Nordic Racing Program will volunteer at least 30 hours to the Club in the year.
- A family with multiple children participating in different Kanata Nordic Programs only have to meet the volunteer commitment for the child in the more senior Program.
Member volunteer hours will be tracked throughout the year using iVolunteerOnline. The tracking of volunteer hours will help improve the Club’s ability to plan current and future activities and events.
Volunteer opportunities are available to suit everyone’s time, schedule and skill set.
Volunteer areas include:
- Coaching/Assistant Coaching – Drylands and On-snow ski sessions
- Trail and Facility Support (Trail Maintenance, Development, Grooming, Equipment Maintenance)
- Club Administration (Finance, Registration, Governance)
- Promotions (Writing, Club Clothing, Designing, Photography, Sponsorship)
- Club Events (Pretzel Race, Ski Swap, Divisional Races, Banquet, AGM)
- Children’s Program Support (Hot Chocolate duty, Jackrabbit Funday, Onsite FirstAid)
Additional volunteer opportuniteis will be shared throughout the season, including opportunities for high school students to gain Community Service hours with Kanata Nordic.
Or you may have an idea of a role you can fill that we have not thought of before. To find out more or pass on your ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.