Kanata Nordic offers a range of ski programs for children, youth, and adults including a youth racing program. Our children and youth programs follow Cross Country Canada’s skill development program that aligns with Sport Canada’s eight-stage Long Term Athlete Development model (LTAD).
Our Ski Programs:
- Children’s Programs (Bunnyrabbit & Jackrabbit)
- Youth Recreational Programs (Teen Skate)
- Youth Competitive Programs (Kanata Nordic Racers)
- Adult Autumn Programs (Sr’s Fall Fitness; Adult Fall Fitness)
- Adult Autumn Programs (Novice, Intermediate & Touring, Para-Nordic and Adult Masters)
If the program you would like to register for is full, please add yourself to the waitlist here. Kanata Nordic’s limiting factor for children’s program enrollment is having enough coaches; please consider volunteering so we can help more children learn about skiing.Register
Kanata Nordic programs are volunteer-run and depend on volunteer coordinators and coaches. Don’t be afraid that you’re not knowledgeable enough; at the Bunny Rabbit level, enthusiasm for kids is equally – if not more – important than technical skiing knowledge. Kanata Nordic subsidizes training from Nordiq Canada to improve technical coaching capabilities as you progress through higher levels such as Jackrabbits. We have other coaches to lean upon as well as pre-constructed lesson plans to follow. For more information on coaching training and leader / assistant leader opportunities, please email the Jackrabbit Coordinator.Register
Note: To add or change programs after becoming a member or for program refunds, please send email request to email@example.com.
Refund / Cancellation Policy: Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Learn-to-ski (LTS) program registration fees will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee, within the first 14 days of the start of the program. No refunds will apply to withdrawals on or after the 14th day. To obtain a refund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teen Skate program registration fees will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee, within the first 14 days of the on-snow component of the program. No refunds will apply to withdrawals on or after the 14th day. To obtain a refund, please contact email@example.com
- Kanata Nordic Racing Program registration fees will be refunded at a pro-rated amount less 20% retained to cover the club’s associated administration costs up until December 31st of the season. To obtain a refund please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021.
- Kanata Nordic reserves the right to cancel any programs with insufficient registration or without volunteer leaders. In this case every effort will be made to find an equivalent program or a refund will be offered.
- Kanata Nordic programs are subject to the will of Mother Nature. We follow Nordiq Canada’s weather guidelines in terms of program cancellation. This means programs will be cancelled if conditions are unsafe or temperatures are below acceptable limits. We attempt to reschedule cancelled events but at the discretion of group leaders. The Club will attempt to give its members as much notice as possible for program changes caused by inclement weather or adverse conditions.
- In the event that program instruction days are cancelled by Kanata Nordic at the direction of Provincial or Municipal authorities in response to the COVID health emergency and classes cannot be rescheduled in the current ski season, credit will be given for a portion of the program fee towards 2022-2023 registration fees.