As part of our work to make Ottawa winters more fun for all Kanata Nordic offers a range of ski programs for children, youth and adults including a youth racing program. Through our ski programs and other club activities Kanata Nordic joins Sport Canada in promoting a healthy, physically literate nation whose citizens participate in lifelong physical activity. Our children and youth programs follow Cross Country Canada’s skill development program that aligns with Sport Canada’s eight-stage Long Term Athlete Development model (LTAD).
Our Ski Programs:
- Children’s Programs (Bunnyrabbit & Jackrabbit)
- Youth Recreational Programs (Track Attack & Teen Ski Fit)
- Youth Competitive Programs (Kanata Nordic Racers)
- Adult Programs (Adult Novice, Intermediate & Touring, Paranordic and Adult Masters)
Currently the following programs are full for the season:
- Bunny Rabbit (age 4-6) is full
- Jackrabbit Level 1 is full
- Jackrabbit Level 2 is full
- Dynarabbit is full
- Racing Rabbits is full
- Racers program is full
- Adult Novice (5 weeks from Jan 6 to Feb 3) is full
- Adult Novice (5 weeks from Feb 10 to March 10) is full
- Adult Novice (10 weeks) is full
- Adult Intermediate (5 weeks from Jan 6 to Feb 3) is full
- Adult Intermediate (10 weeks) is full
There are still spots in Jackrabbit level 3 & 4; Teen Ski Fit; Para Nordic program; Adult Touring; Adult Intermediate (5 weeks from Feb 10 t March 10) and Adult Masters.
The majority of Kanata Nordic programs are volunteer driven and depend on volunteer coordinators and coaches to be able to run. Club subsidized training for volunteers is available, including as ski leaders and in first aid. This is a great opportunity to build your cross-country skills and share your passion for cross-country skiing with others. For more information on coaching training and leader or assistant leader opportunities email the Jackrabbit Coordinator.Register Now
*Note: To add or change programs after becoming a member please send email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or for program refunds.