Cancellation Policies & Information
- At 401 Corkstown, skiers should not ski near the paddocks on the far side of the stable. The horse stalls, stables, equestrian activities, and related equipment are off limits. Entering these areas is inappropriate and dangerous.
- At 411 Corkstown, the campground’s playground is off-limits, as are the structures for the Child and Nature Alliance’s school (e.g., buildings, yurt, portages-potties, parking lot)
- Please stay on the designated trails and fields
- Please remember to bring mugs for your child’s hot chocolate break, and any snacks must be nut-free snack.
- Kanata Nordic will supply the hot chocolate
- Please look out and read the emails from your group leader. The emails contain important information about meeting places, equipment and lesson plans.
Program Cancellation Policy
As much as we love to ski, there are some days when learn-to-ski lessons are not feasible due to weather conditions. Lesson cancellation will happen in the event of extreme weather or unsafe ski conditions (i.e. freezing rain / icy conditions).
We follow Cross Country Ontario Guidelines for cancellation:
- Bunnyrabbit groups (age 4-6): If the temperature without windchill is below -15°C
- For older children / adults : If the temperature without windchill is below – 18°C
Determining & Communicating Cancellations:
Lesson cancellations are determined by 10:30 am on Saturday mornings.
In colder temperatures leaders adjust their lesson plans so skiers are not standing around and have more frequent breaks. As well, we respect parents decision to determine what is best for their child and in what conditions they should be skiing.
Always make sure you and your children are dressed for the weather and are comfortable in the conditions.
In the event that program instruction days are cancelled by Kanata Nordic, at the direction of Provincial or Municipal authorities, in response to the COVID health emergency, and classes cannot be rescheduled in the current ski season, credit will be given for a portion of the program fee towards 2021-2022 registration fees.