Covid – 19 Facility Access & Screening Procedures
Kanata Nordic Ski Club will adhere to the requirements and emergency orders implemented by the Government of Ontario.
Weekend access for Members* ONLY
Beginning January 9, 2021 weekend access to Kanata Nordic parking lots and trails will be reserved for members* ONLY.
For Day Pass information click here.
*you must have your membership pass with you to access parking lots and trails on the weekends.
If you or a household member is experiencing Covid symptoms, or awaiting test results, please do NOT attend your sessions with Kanata Nordic until Ottawa Public Health clears you to end isolation and your test comes back negative. The complete guidelines for isolation and return to activities can be found here: Tested, What Now?
Welcome to Kanata Nordic
Kanata Nordic is dedicated to promoting lifelong activity, fitness and enjoyment of the outdoors through a variety of cross-country ski programs offered in a friendly club setting. The club is a member of Cross Country Ontario and its programs are based on Cross Country Canada’s skills development model. Established in 1979, Kanata Nordic now calls Wesley Clover Parks home with a growing trail-network for all skiers to enjoy. Cross country skiing is a great way to get out and get active in the cold weather in Ottawa and is a sport the whole family can enjoy together.
Get excited for the upcoming season by watching this video from Snow Day: Watch Video
We are a volunteer driven club . There are a range of on-snow and off-snow volunteer opportunities for you to learn new skills, make new friends and more.
2020 Fall Ski Swap
Kanata Nordic is partnering with Kunstadt Sports’ Hazeldean location for this autumn’s XC Ski Swap between Oct. 5th and Nov 2nd. See here for more details.
Please check the TRAIL CONDITIONS before you ski. If the trails are closed, the gates for the Kanata Nordic entrance (entrance on hill with red flag) will also be closed.
WEEKEND WAX TIPS!
Click here for our best guess.
New Evening Parking Restrictions at Kanata Nordic
- The 411 Corkstown Rd. campground parking lot will be closing at 5pm daily.
- The 401 Corkstown Rd. equestrian parking lot will only be accessible from the Moodie Rd. end of Corkstown Rd. after 6 pm. All skiers will need to show a membership card or a day pass voucher to access the 401 parking lot in the evening (5, 10 and 20 packs are available in advance on-line).
Our hosts Wesley Clover Parks will be operating their light show in the campground during this period. WCP will be employing traffic control personnel to redirect people going into the Magic of Light from Corkstown Rd.
- The 411 Corkstown Rd. campground parking lot will be accessible from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm for KN members and day pass users.
- The 401 Corkstown Rd. equestrian parking lot will be open 7:30 am to 10:00 pm.
Everyone is reminded to stay clear of all light structures and to not touch or disconnect any light strings. The light show is the continuation of the Magic of Light event which was suspended on Dec 24 when the Ontario government declared a COVID emergency. The week of March 1, Wesley Clover Parks will be working to remove the light structures.
- During this time frame, the 411 Corkstown Rd. gate may be closed at times when heavy machinery is in use.
- The campground ski and snowshoe trails at 411 Corkstown Rd. will remain open during this time. Skiers and snowshoers may continue to park at 401 Corkstown Rd or NCC P3 and access all trails from there.
XC skiing is permitted as an individual exercise under the COVID public health guidelines. COVID safety is everyone’s responsibility: If you or members of your family are symptomatic, do not ski. Wear a face covering in all common areas. Have a mask with you on the trails in case. Keep 2 metres+ away from everyone outside your household. Please try to do this even on the trails. No congregating in groups anywhere at any time.
Memberships have sold out. Registration is now closed for the 20/21 season. Learn to Ski Program refunds have not been credited to credit cards yet, we are working with zone4 to get them out soon, we will send out further notification when they have been processed, thanks for your patience.