Coaching Job Opportunity with XC Chelsea Masters
XC Chelsea Masters is looking for a part-time Head Coach. The Head Coach is responsible for designing the club’s ski programs in collaboration with the Board of Directors and delivering the programs with a team of assistant coaches. This is a dynamic contract position that requires active engagement at team practices, races, training camps and meetings for the 2015-2016 dryland training and ski season.
Reports to: President, XC Chelsea Masters
Club Mission: XC Chelsea Masters is a non-profit organization and a club for both competitive and recreational masters cross-country skiers (i.e., age 30, give or take a few years, and up) with activities that take place in the Gatineau Park, Quebec, and in Ottawa, Ontario. It offers a structured training program that is designed to bring masters skiers to a fitness level and technical ability that will allow them to improve their performance in ski races, ski loppets, touring events and recreational skiing. The club’s objectives are to: To develop and promote Masters racing; to encourage and promote cross country skiing as a lifelong sport and one of the best activities for allowing adults to stay fit and active; to support the cross country ski community at large, including Cross Country Canada, in the promotion of the sport for recreation and competition; to help promote the protection of our parks, green space, and wilderness for low impact recreation such as cross country skiing.
- Coach dryland and ski practices.
- Plan, design and manage club offerings including training programs and budgets in coordination with the Board of Directors and other club coaches.
- Plan ad hoc classroom or outdoor training sessions as needed.
- Attend regular board meetings and AGM.
- Manage coaching staff including recruiting, feedback and tracking hours.
- Purchase, with board approval, club equipment as needed.
- Ensure training equipment for practices is transported to and from training locations.
- Determine training camp requirements with the Board and plan accordingly.
- Establish designated races for the club and provide for coaches and waxing support as needed.
- Experience with coaching or instructing adults in cross country skiing.
- Experience designing and implementing a cross-country ski program.
- Expertise in both classic and skate techniques.
- NCCP coaching certification (minimum of Community Coaching), CANSI certification (minimum of level 1) or other national coaching certification.
- Experience with waxing at cross-country ski races.
- Personal experience with classic ski racing, skate ski racing, and roller skiing.
- Experience managing people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as a team player with volunteer board members, other volunteers, and contract coaches.
- NCCP certification
- A First Aid-CPR “C” certificate
- Strength and conditioning coaching certification
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest, experience and how you meet the job requirements, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until a suitable candidate can be found.