Since 1979 Kanata Nordic has encouraged cross-country skiing in Ottawa through trail development and a range of ski programs and activities for all ages. Kanata Nordic members make it a friendly, community-oriented club that has a passion for making Ottawa winters more fun with cross-country skiing.
As a Kanata Nordic member you can:
- Access a growing network of over 15km of groomed trails for classic and skate-skiing at Wesley Clover Parks, with snowshoe trails planned
- Register for learn-to-ski programs (for children and adults) and youth racing programs (note: to register in our ski programs you must be a member)
- Participate in member-only special events and activities and receive discounted pricing to our public events
- Receive discounts from local retailers
- Volunteer and learn new skills, make new friends — teens can earn high school volunteer hours in many different ways, on snow and off (as a volunteer-run club all members are encouraged to make a volunteer contribution either on-snow or off-snow to lend a hand)
- Contribute directly to building a premier cross-country ski centre for Ottawa at Wesley Clover Parks
As a non-for-profit club we ensure that our budgeting is strategically developed, our membership fees go to support:
- Club insurance
- Club infrastructure
- Coaching and leader development
- Club development and administration
If you have any questions related to membership or registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Ski Program Info
A Family is considered to be one or two adults of the same household and their dependent children under the age of 21 years (as of Dec 31st of the current registration year). All family memberships must have at least one individual above 19 years old listed. Fee: $175
A Couple is considered to be two adults of the same household. Fee: $150
Adult – Individual memberships are available to anyone 19 years of age or older. Fee: $100
Fee-in-lieu of volunteer work: All adult members are expected to contribute to helping the club run by volunteering. There are a range of volunteer opportunities throughout the year that can be done onsite or at home. Those who cannot contribute time can pay a fee-in-lieu of volunteering: $50 for family memberships, $35 for couple memberships, $25 for individual memberships. Parents of athletes in the Racing Program cannot choose this option as the program need is too great. You can select this option at registration.
Included in the membership fees are $10 to CCC and $8 to CCO for every individual. Our district, the National Capital Division, is the only one in Ontario that doesn’t add it’s own levy. Members 5 years old and under do not have these fees.
What do the fees cover? As a member you are part of a community which provides skill development programming, coaching and official development, support for Ontario athletes internationally and domestically, financial support for student athletes, club development support, Para-Nordic programming and development, comprehensive insurance coverage including Directors and Officers insurance, and more.Register