Gate times at both 401 Corkstown (the equestrian park) and entrance on the hill (marked with red flag):
Open at 7:30am
Close at 10:00pm
7 days a week when the trails are open / Ensure your vehicle is out by 9:55pm
NOTE: During the Magic of Lights event the gate on the hill at the red flag will close to skiers and snowshoers at 3:30pm. Any cars still in the parking lot at 3:30pm will be locked in for the night. DO NOT SKI ON OR NEAR THE LIGHT DISPLAYS OR THEIR ELECTRICAL CORDS.
Come ski on our growing network of over 18km of groomed trails for classic and skate-skiing at Wesley Clover Parks, where we are now the resident ski club. Trail improvements happen each season. We ask that you please respect the trails which includes no bicycling (including no fatbiking), walking or snowshoeing on ski trails. The trail from P3 to trail 12 is ungroomed and suitable for snowshoeing, and other snowshoe trails are being mapped out (so you may find some signs and tracks to follow). Dogs are not permitted on any trails.
We share our trail network with local wildlife and ask that you avoid approaching or interacting with them.
We also share the Parks with the Forest and Nature School, which operates year-round and is located north of the campground area. Classes are run largely outdoors, so please help the school maintain its privacy and security by staying clear of their access road, structures (including their porta-potty), and activities.
The public is welcome to get out to ski and enjoy the trails. You can buy a ski day pass for $10.00 or a snowshoe day pass for $5.00; children under 13 are no charge. Kanata Nordic members receive a season trail pass as part of their membership to ski the trails as often as they like throughout the season. Day passes can be purchased at either trailhead or you can pre-purchase a day pass online.
Trails are groomed approximately 3 times per week by volunteer groomers. Trail conditions will vary depending on snowfall and snow conditions. It is recommended that you do not plan your ski on Saturday’s between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm when lessons take place and there is more limited trail space.
Kanata Nordic doesn’t currently have xc skiing or snowshoe equipment for rent. We hope to in the future. In the meantime, we can recommend the following knowledgeable retailers. We suggest you call ahead to determine availability. Kanata Nordic members receive a discount — ask for it!
- Fresh Air Experience (xc ski gear)
- Bushtukah (xc ski gear and snowshoes)
- Trailhead (xc ski gear and snowshoes)
- MEC (xc ski gear and snowshoes)
- Kunstadt Sports (xc ski gear)
Please follow and abide by these trail rules and etiquette to help make the trails a safe and fun place for everyone. Trails are not patrolled / Use them at your own risk.
- Trails are not patrolled / Use them at your own risk
- Kanata Nordic trails and open areas are reserved for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing in the winter months. Other activities are not permitted. Please be aware that Wesley Clover Parks has other partners who also run activities outdoors.
- Trail use requires visible Kanata Nordic pass.
- Day passes are available at the trailhead for $10.00 / KN Members receive a season pass with their membership.
- No biking, walking or snowshoeing on the groomed ski trails. Dogs are not permitted on the trails.
- Be cautious at the railway line — the only safe way to cross is to use marked crossings and obey all signs and signals
- Our trails are groomed by a dedicated volunteer team
- No skis or poles are allowed inside any of the buildings. All equipment must stay outside on designated racks.
- Yield the right of way to skiers coming downhill
- Do not ski behind the groomers
- Use caution on hills and keep right as all trails are 2-way traffic unless otherwise posted
- Follow the proper direction on one-way trails
- When meeting oncoming skiers move to the right so there’s room to pass each other
- Faster skiers should step around slower skiers with a friendly warning
- Stop on the trail only when you are visible from above and if you are not obstructing the trail
- When you fall, move off the track and then fill in any holes so it is safe for following skiers
- If walking is necessary, stay to one side and avoid walking in tracks
- Be courteous and helpful to fellow skiers